Saturday, January 31, 2009

Money saving journey

In November for hubby's birthday I went to a local store and purcased him an electric guitar and amp combination. Well the amp was not functioning well. We assumed it was due to the fact that it was very little. We decided to purchase another Amp as soon as we had some money. I began price shopping. He finally got antsy today and wanted one NOW. We went to the local pawn shop and found an acoustic 12 string guitar for $69.95 and a Fender amp for $69.95. The guy ended up letting us have both for $110.00 plus tax. That was $30 less then what they originally asked for and less than the amp itself normally goes for. With the acoustic guitar I do not have to hear my hubby play as loud (he does not know how to play...but bless his heart he sure tries...for hours on end!)

I am attending school online and my desk is very very tiny. I decided I needed a flat screen monitor so I could actually fit my keyboard on my desk. We were lucky found a 19 inch Compaq monitor at Best Buy for $129.99. I love it and I can see everything better. I guess there is no exuse now for not having my work done. I did find out they just started carrying these and it did take us going to 2 stores but the Geek Squad guy at the last store grabbed the last one for himself since he said it was a great deal! The sale ended today. I love the fact that my speakers are on the monitor so that is added space too!

No comments:

Post a Comment